Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 22, 2009

Not quite over the hill - #43!




I'm not quite over the hill yet! Thank goodness. Every year after 40 seems to bring some new ache with it. Scares me to think of 20 yrs. from now. I'm attempting to exercise more so we'll see if this improves things overall.

I slept in this morning - a real treat! And for breakfast McDonald's delivered a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit minus the egg w/a large diet coke in bed nonetheless. Thanks Riley!

I went and had a manicure/pedicure this afternoon. Using my Christmas gift from John & the kids finally. I really enjoyed it. It's something I could get used to. It's funny how 'pretty' you feel after getting your hair or nails done! Can't remember the last time I had my nails done so it was the perfect thing to do on your bday!

We had cheesecake & candles at 4:30p for my bday celebration - just between Riley coming home from work and Austin leaving for work. It's been a good day.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Melanie! I happened to "find" you blog from another one, and I am so excited to see pictures of you guys! The kids are all getting so big! And Albania...WOW! I'm putting you in my blog favorites so I can keep up with you all! Love, Jenn

Joe and Emily said...

Someday we'll have to get a pedicure together. I've only had it done once, but it was fun- made me feel like a lady.

Tell Macey I'm glad she's a fan of our blog!
We love you all!

Laine said...

Happy Birthday Melanie!!!

Steve and Donna said...

Hey- just discovered you- I have one too- email me and I'll send mine to you- nice pictures and Happy Belated B-day! Donna T.