Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Catching Up IS Hard To Do!

There just never seems to be enough hours in the day to do all we want to do and get done. I can't believe it's been 3 months since I have posted on our blog. I was doing so good there for awhile. I still have a lot of catching up to do but I wanted to update a few things so none of you would give up on me. I kept thinking I'd have a day where I could just spend it updating the blog. Hasn't happened. So tonight when I couldn't sleep I decided I'd better just make a stab at it. Maybe I'm slow (or my computer is), but I've already spent a couple hours and hardly made a dent. See what I mean - so much to do (or wanna do) and so little time.

We've had a lot going on just not enough time to tell all about it. Our spur-of-the-moment vacation to Georgia, Parker & Macey starting school (they missed the 1st day), going to Provo, UT to get Austin settled out at BYU and then back home to get Riley ready to leave on his mission to Albania. We got to have Grandma Swensen and Grandma Smith come for a visit and then John & I went with Riley to Washington to see Grandma Lois and all our family there. Then on to Provo, UT again to 'literally' drop Riley off at the MTC (Missionary Training Center). It is like the car line at the elementary school. You pull up, unload and drive away.

It's hard to believe Riley has been a missionary for almost a month now. He is doing great! He's the district leader. He's positive, enthused and teaching us a few words in Albanian each week.

3 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

rewarding memories :)

lisa said...

seems like the time has just flown by... maybe not so much for you guys, but i cant believe that your boys are men already!

Diana Smith said...

Hey there! Thanks for the comment and the reassurance. We are doing well. Trying to stay positive, everything will work out. That is great to hear about what is going on with you guys. I bet you are excited to have Austin home. How is Riley? We are going to send him a letter this week. Let him know we think about him. Hope to hear you soon! Love you guys.