Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ringing In The New Year 2011!

Ready to ring in the New Year!
Macey & Alli Gator
The coolest dog in the world!
Macey and Parker.
Got to make some noise.
Parker sipping some sparkling cider.

 
                     Sparklers for some nighttime fun. 
Our New Year's Eve was fairly laid back and spent with just the (4) of us.  We enjoyed our time together.  We had homemade hamburgers - best I've made, went on a walk, watched some football and a movie and watched the ball drop to ring in the NEW YEAR 2011 and wave goodbye to 2010!

Earlier that day - We slept in and then got going.  Parker went to work on a Scout Activity & Macey was invited along to play with her friend.  John headed off to the office for a few hours himself.  What to do?  I thought my time was limited so I didn't do much - normal things - straightening the house, dishes & laundry.

Nothing went according to plan so was somewhat of a wasted day for me.  Parker's friend that was going to come over got sick.  Since he didn't come I didn't go to pick Parker up from the Scout Activity early.  So they both stayed for the day basically.  I did get a letter mailed to Riley and a 'get-well' package off to Austin.  Then a  few returns done and groceries bought for the weekend.

I'm not sure if it had gone differently if I would have felt like diving in to a new project before the new year began - lazy I guess.  I know the list I have made for myself is a long one. 


 

4 comments:

Diana Smith said...

It looks like you guys had a fun night! daniel and I just went to bed haha I guess when you have a new baby thats about all we want to do!!

Smith Family said...

It was laid back and low key but we had fun!

Nicole and Brent Prime said...

Looks like fun. It was made more fun by the cute hats and the cool glasses!

A Vintage Vine said...

HI,
I am back from my Mom's....thought I would check in on you. I loved this post....Our New Year was pretty laid back too.