Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Housework Can Wait! Right?!


After doing a few things this morning I decided that housework could wait just a little bit until I update our blog with at least one noteworthy item.

Austin did receive his mission call to the Washington Seattle Mission!

This last week someone finally called me and said, "Did Austin get his mission call? You can't still be waiting!" Oops! He received his mission call on Wednesday, March 24, 2010. He opened it at 11:30pm! And then left the next day for his Military Science class Physical Training Exercises camp.

Then it was spring break here. Before that week was over, I was on a plane to Michigan to drive with my mom from there to Utah. She needed someone to drive with her and it was an easy and FREE way for me to make a trip to Utah to do mission shopping with Austin.

It all worked out quite well. I-80 was only closed for 5 hours one day! I was able to see my sister in Michigan, my brother & family in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, a cousin & his wife that I hadn't seen in maybe 19 years in Omaha, Nebraska and a few other things along the way. It was a good trip. It was fun to spend that time with my mom. We don't get to do that very often.

John held down the home front with Parker & Macey. They got to have pizza and chinese (I did leave them food in the house, I promise). But truth be told the best meal was probably the eggs John made them as he's the best egg maker in our family, just ask the kids! He took them to Corkscrew Sanctuary, swimming, bike rides, made sure they got to play General Conference Bingo w/m&m's (tradition), helped someone move, attempted to teach seminary one morning (another story), got Parker to school early two mornings for honor chorus practice, attended scouts, attended the orientation for middle school, and was right on time to pick me up from the airport. He took a couple hours off that morning to spend it with me. It is great to be back home. I missed you, babe! (I think you missed me too?!) Thank you.

1 comment:

Steve and Donna said...

good work Mom (and Dad too) :)